Tuesday, April 13, 2010

random visit?

I was driving thru a parking lot yesterday off of 40 highway and saw the "Tree of Life" store. I had a feeling that I should stop and go in.

Inside I found a good price on Rob Bell books and I bought a bunch. I also met the owners Michael and Julie. They were awesome. We had a wonderful talk. They gave me three books. Now, what kind of a place is that where you go to look at books and they give you three.

I am reading one of them, in the first chapter the author talks about two aspects of faithfulness. Active and passive. Active spirituality or faithfulness is you simply making the right choices to do what you think God's will is. Passive spirituality or faithfulness is the learning to receive whatever comes to you as a part of life that God either willed or allowed.

Not that you shouldn't try to improve your lot in life, more that some people just fight everything, and there are some things that are just there, or here for us and there is nothing that we can do about them.

Today I actively choose to be as faithful as I can in each decision. I also passively choose to receive with patience those things that I find less than pleasant. We can't control it all, but we can trust God no matter what.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: