Tuesday, April 20, 2010

from a discussion last night among friends....

I want a church that will accept me the way that I am, warts and all. I want a church that will see my frailty, my orneriness and still love me. I want a God that understands me through and through, and I am all ok with Him.

I don't want to play any pretend games with my faith. If God is real, he has to be real enough to accept me for who I am. Even when I surprise myself with foolishness, God has to love me. That is the only way this is ever going to work in my world.

Hey, I want that kind of God too. that is awesome. Doesn't everyone want that kind of God?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I've been told all my life that God loves me just the way I am. And if I don't believe that, I'm in BIG trouble. I've been using Him as an excuse for all the foolishness that I possess.

People may not accept me for who I am, but I know God does--we've discussed it on several occasions. It's all good--but I have toned it down a bit. Scary, huh? ; )

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful I have that kind of God (and church), because otherwise I'd be so totally screwed.

Tonia

Anonymous said...

Accountability . . . somehow, however, there has to be some accountability. Can you give your thoughts on that sometime please?