Wednesday, April 14, 2010

lost

It was probably 1973. My Dad and I were driving in the Sierra Nevada Mtns in the eastern part of California. I don't remember where we were going, probably just some day trip. I do remember that I was the navigator.

I encouraged him to take a road on the map that would cut time off of our trip. He agreed, we found the road and off we went. A turn here and a turn there, I was not sure anymore where we were on the map. About 20 miles from where ever we were, we finally met a wall of snow. The pass was not clear, we had to turn around, and I no longer knew where we were.

It was a bit embarrassing, and I was a bit scared. As if we might never find our way back. Dad assured me that we were somewhere, and that sooner or later we would figure it out and be back on the blacktop. He was right. We found our way home.

There are may times in life when we are not sure where we are at or how we got here. What to do? Where to go.

Remember. You may not know what is going on, but God does. You are not as far from home as you think. Everything is ok. We will find the road. With God's help, we always have.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: