Thursday, April 29, 2010

thou shall not kill

If all dogs go to heaven, why don't they keep the 10 commandments?

Once again, Lou the dog has committed murder. Rabbit murder. No, more like bunny murder. I was coming down the hill about 5pm, headed for the backyard to mow. I opened the gate just as he found a nest of bunnies in the flower garden. I am telling you, you never saw six little bunnies move so fast in all of your life.

Lou was faster. He had one in his mouth, munching it, flipping it, tossing it like a highschool cheerleader. He dropped that one and headed after another. I hollered at him. LOU!!

Being an obedient dog, he immediately broke off the chase and came to me. Now I am thinking, I paid $300 for this dog, why is he a murderer? I took him inside and went back to the yard work.

One of the joys of being a father is cleaning up the half dead animals that your pets deliver to your life. So I have a baby rabbit with three legs and an open belly. I do what Dad's have to do. I finished him off and disposed of his body. Sorry, but he was only suffering a slow nasty death.

I think I will buy a really big dog to chase Lou around and bite him and throw him into the air.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, what with being the music lover you are, you can surely write a song called "What Do You Do With A Dog Named Lou?" You can use the windfall profits to buy enough really big dogs to cover this Lou 24/7. You could also buy one well-trained bug dog to put a muzzle on Lou, or even take him out for his morning chores, so he won't wake you up out of peaceful sleep.

Sharon said...

TMI I'm sorry I even read your blog this morning--it should have been preceeded by a graphic content warning.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that was disgusting, Jeff!!! :(

I'm going to have nightmares now from catching up on your blog!!!! Dead bunnies... You/bathtub/Krisb!!!!

Geez.... ;)