Sunday, April 11, 2010

memories

Yesterday I went to a wedding at a house on Ward Parkway. We drove down 63rd street on the way in and down Gregory on the way out. Almost all the way across town. I saw so many things that I had not seen for years.

The turn by the Burns and McDonald building that goes back into the neighborhood by the little blue, where I used to work in my first job out of college. The turn to the zoo. The gym by Swope Park UMC where I used to play basketball. The medical building where we used to take my grandma for her appointments. Brookside. St. John's UMC where I worked many years ago. Meyer Circle. The pond at 62nd and Ward Parkway where I used to ice skate as a kid.

I remember going to the Landings shopping center with my mom. There were life size fiberglass zoo animals that I loved to see and climb on. The Landings seemed huge when I was a kid.

Where does the time go? I am not 9 years old anymore.

So you get home. You thank God for a nice wedding and spending time with friends. You thank God for a safe home and a wonderful family. 52 isn't really bad, it is just different. Life is a mystery and we have so much to be thankful for.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: