Monday, April 12, 2010

Clay

In August of 2007, it was my joy to stand up in front of the congregation and tell you that Clay Withers was joining our staff. Yesterday, with mixed emotions, [happy for Clay, sad for us] I had the responsibility of letting you know that Clay is leaving Woods Chapel.

Clay has accepted a position on staff at First Baptist Church in Raytown. That is where he began his work in the ministry of Christ, right out of college. His last Sunday with us will be April 25th. There will be a reception for him that morning.

We love Clay and we will miss Clay. If you know anyone who wants to be an associate pastor who sings like a bird, has a never ending smile and a thick head of hair, give me a call.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gift he has been to our church. I wish him well, but surely will miss him! Betty

Sharon said...

Our church was blessed to have had the opportunity to enjoy the presence of Clay for the past 3 years. His smile alone was enough to brighten even the dreariest day.

For myself, I don't care whether or not the new associate pastor can sing or if he even has one hair on his head. I just hope he has a great smile and a huge heart.

I pray for the best God has to offer for Clay in his new position, but he will be dearly missed .

dh!ll99 said...

Best of luck Clay you will be missed for sure. Thanks for being you, I'm certain First Baptist Church in Raytown knows how blessed they are.