Saturday, June 12, 2010

facebook again

I still don't like facebook. In fact, I have a pastor friend who closed his facebook page because it can just take up all of your time. And so much of it is silliness. I usually get on it about every other week just to clean out all of the invitations to join a farm or share a plant.

Now we have the problem from yesterday. My oldest daughter who I won't name [Allison] decides that it would be funny to get on my facebook page and declare my status. So, she puts in one word..........I won't even repeat it, but it is an embarrassing medical condition that happens to folks when they have the flu or food poisoning.

I had no idea that she did this until I started getting emails.......about 20 of them from people who are commenting on the word. TMI! I'm sorry. I will pray for you. Everyone was very concerned about my medical condition that did not even exist. And my daughter is roaring with laughter.

Now, as a Christian, we are supposed to turn the other cheek. Vengeance is the Lord's, let him repay and all of that. Not this time. I am going to get even. I am going to find a way to get her back, but I don't have any good ideas. Do you? How can I return the joy to my daughter? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Too funny. Sorry, but it is. And you'd think I'd have some very clever ideas on how to reciprocate, but I don't. When my youngest daughter was away at college, she sent me a letter (via the USPS)and on the OUTSIDE of the envelope, in very large letters, she wrote, "Mom, do you still have the hots for the mailman?" I wanted so desparately to get her back, but I never figured out how.

Although, I may go directly to THAT source for ideas for you. If I come up with something, I'll send you a message on Facebook. ; )

chigger farmer said...

I thought your kids read your blog....so no matter what we figure out, they'll know too! Hmmmmm - you might have to be a little more stealthy in the way you solicit your "pay back" ideas.