Tuesday, June 8, 2010

trees


I love trees. We have lots of trees at our house. About 18 in all, of which I planted 11 of them. They are beautiful, unique and speak to me of the glory of God.

One of them is dying. One of the biggest ones on our lot. I think it is an elm, and I think it has Dutch Elm disease. It is dying from the top down. It is kind of odd. It is in a grove of trees all bunched up together, but it is dying. Right in the midst of life, here is a dead one. Suddenly, with no warning, gone.

I don't want it to die, but sometimes we don't get to choose do we? We can't control everything that comes our way in life. Sometimes in life you get what you want, and sometimes in life you get what you get.

Everything dies eventually. And we go on, because life is still good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You lost me at "we can't control everything that comes our way in life". Seriously?! There goes my whole world view. ;-)