Thursday, June 10, 2010

the gates of hell

One of my friends hooked me up with a Kenny Loggins quote yesterday, "the gates of hell are locked from the inside."

I know that this is a generalization, and that we cannot fix every problem. [repeat] There are some things that happen to us that are outside of our control, but our attitude is within our control.

And then I think of the countless problems that people bring on themselves. I have done the same on many occasions. We don't like where we are, and we sit, waiting to be rescued by an outside delta force.

We have alot more power in many situations that we know. Sometimes our own choices can free us from a problem or at least make a radical change in our attitude.

The gates of hell are locked from the inside.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, that would mean that it is easier to get out of "hell" than to get in--which is a pretty cool thought.