Wednesday, June 23, 2010

neurotic

I hurt your feelings. I know that I did. I could tell by the paper exchange that took place. Then I am sick to my stomach about the whole thing. I am worried. I tell myself that you are a good person and that we will patch it up. I find some solace in that, but it still eats on me. I am looking forward to the next time we see each other so that we can talk it out and make every thing ok.

Now we meet. Surprise. You are not mad. I have to explain what I was thinking to help you understand why I thought there was a problem. You did not even think there was a problem. I am relieved. You are a much better person.

Am I crazy? No, I am sure that there are many of you out there, just like me, who tend to be pleasers. I want to make everyone happy. It is both a gift and a curse.

So I thank God that his love for me and for us is unflinching. God is patient with us and waits lovingly for us to love him. I am glad that God encourages me/us to relax. Everything is ok. Don't worry, be happy. Can you gain one hour to your life by worry?

God wants us to enjoy life and celebrate the day. Even when we do things to upset people, we can usually patch it up. When we can't, we still have to go on. Try again, get up and go. Today is a new day. God is with us. Let's go share his love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, see now I've got that song 'Don't worry, be happy' stuck in my head!

Tonia