Wednesday, June 2, 2010

love

I just can't get away from this love thing. I guess that is good.

Here it is again: love keeps no record of wrongs.

I read this the other day: "when we are offended over something, we lose our ability to love others." What does that mean? Our job is to love. Always. Period. To the extent that we are offended we separate ourselves from others. Even when we are justly offended, we don't have to take offense.

Love keeps no record of wrongs. Love covers a multitude of sins. I try to remember this when I am hurt by others, because I want others to cover my sins and forgive me as well.

Love draws us together. It heals us. It takes us into God's presence because God is love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you are so right. The ability to love others, unconditionally, is so noticeable in the angry world we live in. It's what sets Christians apart, when they take it seriuosly.

Back to your comments on new friends, your mention of what we want as our epitath, and the mention of love in this post. You set an unmatchable example for all of us, in the way you sincerely love and befriend others. Thank you so much for that. Someday,a worthy epitath for you might be "friend to all, and stranger to none.' I don't know anyone who loves and befriends other human beings any more than you. God is pleased.