Monday, June 28, 2010

yesterday

One of the things that I enjoy the most about being a pastor is when a young person lets you know that you are reaching them. Gosh, if we are making connections with young people, that is awesome.

Yesterday a 14-15 year old girl stopped on the way out of church to tell me that she really loved the sermon. It helped her so much. I said, thank you. She said, I have a friend that is telling me that I am sinning all the time and today you told me that I can live my life, celebrate my life and trust God. She said that she struggles with depression and her friend says that depression is a sin.

[who teaches young people that everything is a sin? who teaches them that they should go around laying all of that guilt on their friends?]

I told her that she knows right from wrong and she knows when she is doing something wrong, but depression is not a sin, it is a condition.

She was happy. Her mother was happy. I was happy. When we are connecting with young people, it doesn't get any better than that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pastor Jeff:

What an incredible entry! What an incredible message to give to a young person. What an incredible gift to you! It is such a burden to carry at any age!
Many Blessings to You!