Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moles pt. 2

I heard some great comments from you about your experiences with moles and how you managed them. I got a picture sent from one of you joyously holding up mole traps as if to say, "now I am going to get them." Someone emailed me a story of being frustrated over the moles, coming home in a suit and seeing the ground move, then jumping with both feet to squish the varmint.

There is an interesting relationship between frustration and joy. It is like the level of satisfaction that we feel when victory is achieved corelates to the level of frustration that we feel over a problem like this.

I have set the trap. Nothing yet. The water thing did not work. I have put out poison pills that I got from an exterminator. They disappear and the mole comes back for more. The pills are the size of a half dollar and the mole has eaten 5 of them.

Sometimes there are problems that you can't solve the first time. You just have to stay after it. Persevere. Never give up, never give in. Right now the moles are winning, but the final chapter to this story has not yet been written. I will keep you posted.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: