Wednesday, June 9, 2010

open mouth, insert foot

Please forgive me for the times that I speak or write something that doesn't come across right. I do try to engage brain before putting mouth or keyboard into gear, but occasionally a bit of foolishness just slips by. I am sorry for the times that I have allowed this to happen. Please forgive me.

Apologies would not be necessary if I was more careful, but I pray that you accept my sincere apology and focus on that, and not the words that hurt. It was not my intent to be hurtful, because I love you very much.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I've been there and done that--very recently in fact. I believe the "personality police" might refer to it as my "M.O." It's not a good feeling when it happens and I never intend to hurt anyone. Like you, my brain and my mouth seem to be out of sync. We can only hope that our friends and family that know we love them, will understand and forgive us when we occasionally slip up.

When I do finally get my tattoo (I was going to get one on my last birthday) it may have to be placed across my forehead and simply read, "I'm Sorry". ; )

Anonymous said...

Apology accepted and please accept mine for I know I have also hurt/offended.