Monday, June 21, 2010

the sunrise

The sunrise marks another day. Yesterday is gone and today is here. Although I may deal with the consequences of past choices, today I am free to make new ones. I am free. I have power. God gives me free will. I can choose to see the good, I can choose to celebrate each person that I see. I can choose to treat others as God treats me.

I have a friend that is condemning me. I choose to not be hurt by the judgement. I will simply choose to love them. They have chosen the path of the unmerciful servant who was forgiven by God, but refused to offer grace to another. I cannot help this, it is their choice. But I still have mine. My choices.

I will not be held back by negativity. I will not be wounded by arrows in the wind. The sun has come up and it is a new day. This is the day that the Lord has made. Do not miss his love and joy by being consumed by the unhappiness of another. Discover your happiness in the joy of God and share it with someone today. What a great victory you will give to the world as you allow God's love to be the most powerful thing in your life.

It is a very beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A true friend loves....does not condemn! Betty

Anonymous said...

Oh this in itself is powerful. It reminds me that I can "choose" in any and all circumstances. . . and that is what I forget so often. This really got down to the core of me today! Thanks, I suppose you never know which topic will strike a nerve with your readers.

Anonymous said...

I find myself in a similiar situation...thank you for this post today, I sure needed it.