Monday, March 7, 2011

angry layers

Have you ever had someone that was mad at you and you weren't sure why? It seemed that their emotion toward you was over the top? Then you found out that they were in some sort of trauma at home. Ahh, it makes sense. When folks overreact to something, it is often a sign that they are struggling with personal problems and do not have peace in their heart.

I find myself doing this sometimes. I have a problem at home or at work, and so every little thing annoys me. I catch myself and i ask, why does this bother me so, then i realize that the other junk is flowing out of me and into another unrelated situation.

It really isn't fair for me to dump on others for no reason, especially when the real issue is something else. So i try to keep a cool head when I am upset. I try to compartmentalize the problem, and get about the day, treating others as they should be.

If someone around you today is angry and you can't figure it out, maybe it isn't about you at all. Just pray for them. And if the person with the attitude is you, then catch yourself and find the joy. Don't take it out on others.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, just think of your emotions like a glass of water. When the glass if full it only takes a drop for it to overflow...

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Believers should be a portrait of loving and trying to understand each other, in good times and in bad.

Anonymous said...

Great advice. Sometimes taking the time to understand someone's anger, or even actively involving ourselves in creating understanding, results in the pleasant reward of making a new friend.

God's ways are the best way.