Friday, March 4, 2011

March 4th

Today is March 4th. It is the day of the annual big parade. It is the day when all of the bands assemble downtown and march forth.

hmmmm. ok. March forth. March 4th.

It's a joke.

Actually, it is the oldest joke that I know. My grandmother, Louise Heising, passed it down to my mother, Mary Heising Brinkman. Consequently, I have been telling it, every March 4th for years.

There is something good about tradition. Funny or not so funny. Roots. Roots are good. My grandmother who died in 1991 at the age of 96, had a sense of humor.

Don't miss the parade today. Go downtown and watch the bands. They are gonna march forth.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be in honor of my son John's birthday! Betty

Anonymous said...

Which means I have been reading your blog for a few years now as this is is not the first March 4 I have read your little joke. Cute!

mhaskamp said...

Oh boy. You tell this joke every year. And yet, I am still reading your blog, every day. I guess the jokes aren't stopping me from gleaning your daily spiritual wisdom. :-)