Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Conoco

I was getting gas on Sunday. I had just put the hose in the tank and a woman came around the pump from the other side. "Sir, I am sorry to bother you, but I am on empty and I need gas to get home. Can you give me $3?" We visited a bit. I put $112 in her car. Although it was an odd thing, and I have some thoughts about the incident, I hope if my wife ever needs help at the gas station, some old guy will buy her some gas. It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

That's an awesome story, but what kind of car did she have that took $112 worth of gas? Or, did I miss a huge gas hike yesterday? ; )

Anonymous said...

$112!!! What kind of car was she driving?

Anonymous said...

That story made me hope that if my daughter or son was ever stranded like that, they too would find kindness instead of rejection or vicitmization. If more of us decide to do what you did - more people will experience love!

Inspiring!

Anonymous said...

That was one big gas tank (or maybe a typo) . . . either way, it was a nice thing to do!