Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween part 3

I keep remembering more good Halloween stuff.  When I was in 8th grade I went to a costume party at the Christian church on Camden Avenue dressed as the mummy.  I remember dancing the entire long version of indagadavida. : )

One year when we lived on Stanton, we had a bench by the front door.  I dressed up in overalls, gloves, and a big monkey head.  We stuffed straw everywhere that I looked like a person.  I sat sprawled on the bench and did not move a muscle.  When the kids would come up the walk, they would stop and ask if that monkey was real.  I would wait until they got right up by me, and then I would twitch.  No noise, no frightening jumping up, but just a twitch.  That was all it took to totally send them into fits of terror.

This year, the girls are coming over and they are going to cook, eat chili and watch scary movies with their mom.  I hope to be at the chiefs game.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what kind of costume will you be dressed in today when you preach? Will we know you?

I can see it now. Drop your candy in the offering plates (ha.)

All in Halloween Fun.