Wednesday, October 12, 2011

rejection

We all know it and we all hate it.  Rejection is one of this life’s most painful experiences.  I was fired from a job.  My spouse left me.  A family that I love has left the church.  I have been thrown away by a friend.  I was passed over for the promotion.
 All of these things hurt.  Sometimes they hurt bad.  There is no escape, no getting around it.  The pain is real and it keeps coming back.  Every time I think of that situation, it hurts again.

 So what do I do?  What do we do?  Well, you pray.  You pray for the people that hurt you.  You ask God to bless them.  You imagine Jesus standing next to them, loving them.  That helps me.  The other thing that I do is to just press on.  Keep going, keep working, keep living.  There are new jobs, new friends, new opportunities.

 I cannot control what others do, but I can control what I do, and I am going to press on through the pain.  And you know what, life is good.  Life is still good.  There are some thorns on the rose bush of life, but oh, it is still so beautiful.

 It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

H4EO said...

Christ found himself in the Garden being hunted - him and his message being rejected by the people. Questioning to the point of sweating blood. Even those who followed had not grasped the idea of what was being offered.

When he prayed the Father would take this cup from him - God exchanged the doubt, the fear, and the pain of rejection with strength, peace, and purpose.

Is that an example for us?