Saturday, October 8, 2011

it is me

Ok, following up on yesterday's posts.  If I am not my children's bad decisions, if I am not my friend's recent failure, if I am not the staff person's anger, if I am not the latest dumb decision that some politician made, if I am not these things, what am I?

Well, I am not bound by them, I am not identified by them.  I am not even going to lower myself to being drug down by them.

I am a child of God.  I live in a beautiful world.   I know wonderful people.  I celebrate people even when then are doing dumb things because life isn't perfect.  who am I?  I am alive.  I am alive to the good.  I am living in celebration of the good stuff.  Love, joy, peace, forgiveness.  I choose to see the good.  That's who I am, and when I am not being that, that is who I want to be.  Please remind me if you catch me worrying about something that is not me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kingdom Kid ("I'm a child of the King") way to go. So glad you encourage us to not let the acts of others get us down. So glad you continually teach us that we do have a choice of whether to be overcome with evil, or to overcome evil with good.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, time for a fitting analogy that can be found in your very own blog and in Matthew 26, "consider the birds of the air....so do not worry..."

Keep taking us to this place where we let God deal with the thoughts and actions of others. And keep flying, for Him.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this post! It's all about the journey, and you are getting there and taking me along with you. Do you know that we GROW from reading your posts?? So much of what you say is applicable in so many areas of our lives. So thanks for giving us a window into your life . . . it really helps us with our own lives . . . many times over.