Thursday, October 20, 2011

My dog

Do you remember the Kennelration commercial?  My dogs bigger than your dog, my dogs bigger than yours, my dogs bigger cause he eats Kennelration, my dogs bigger than yours.

This song is sung way too often my people that attend churches.  My church is bigger than your church, my pastor's cooler than your pastor, my church does more missions than your church, on and on we go.

Sometimes people sing this song because it makes them feel better to demean someone else.  That tells you something about someone who needs to do that, doesn't it? 

Please don't ever sing this song.  There are always going to be churches bigger and smaller than ours.  It isn't about any of that anyway.  We should be working together, caring together, loving together, living life together. 

Life is full of competition.  It doesn't belong in Jesus' church.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

goes right along with my reading in 1 cor 3 today....So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Anonymous said...

goes right along with my reading in 1 cor 3 today....So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but out pastor IS cooler....

;-)