Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cliff Uttley

I am responding today to the news that a long time member of Woods Chapel has passed away.  Cliff Uttley was a father of three.  After many years as a part of our church family, the Uttleys moved to Joplin.  Cliff was always friendly, always happy, always there to help.  He was a committed father and scout leader.  When you looked into his eyes he was present.  He was there for you.

Cliff was a good man.  He was a friend.  He will be truly missed.  My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

As I fight off my tears, I am reminded that we are not promised tomorrow.  Bill Gaither sang, "Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come, but we have these moments today."  Savor them, and be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was fortunate enough to get to create his memorial video. Michelle, the mother of his children, worked tirelessly to make sure it was perfect for all of them. kbv