Saturday, November 5, 2011

the giving list

Last week I wrote one day about how difficult it can be to ask folks to give.  Part of the reason for that is that sometimes the responses that I get from folks can be pretty painful. 

So, I have this dream that we create a club.  A club of folks that don't mind if Jeff sends them an email from time to time and asks if they want to help with some project financially.  A group of folks that see the joy in giving.  They may not help with every request, but they at least are not offended by Jeff asking, and are glad to be a part of the team that makes special things happen.

Is there any body out there that would like to be a part of such a team?  We do need financial help with projects from time to time, and I would love to have some folks that would welcome the opportunity to show leadership in this way.

I would send an email about this no more than once per month.  Everyone is welcome, regardless of the size or ability of a gift.  Let me know if you want to be on the team.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Pam and Bill said...

Wonderful idea! Count us in!