Thursday, November 3, 2011

funeral info

The other day I was going through a file and came upon my funeral files.  Copies of funerals that I have done - 127 plus-  and counting.  The busiest years were the ones that I was in Princeton, a small town in north Missouri.  In 1993 I presided at 15 funerals.

In addition to the files of funerals that I led, I also have files with information from those who are still living.  Some people have given me poems, thoughts, or various requests.  I have kept them in a file for the day that they are needed - assuming that I am still assigned to Woods Chapel. One person wrote, I hope that when you get this paper out, it is old, yellow and tattered from age.........

It is a comfort for me to be able to stand at the funeral of a friend and to be able to say, "this is what they wanted me to convey to you."

I hope that your memorial service is many many years from now.  But remembering that my funeral is coming, is a sure to cause me to pay attention to the beauty of this day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: