Sunday, November 13, 2011

investing in people

Missions thoughts first - Yesterday's post raised a number of comments.  I suggest that some may want to read it a little closer.  First of all I wasn't saying anything, just asking questions.  Secondly, my comments were only about international missions not local missions or our work in Joplin.  And yes, relationships are very important.  Which is the point of my thought.... wouldn't it be nice if we had a place where we were present 365 days a year.?  It is easier to send a check then to go, but on some of these trips, the cost is so so very expensive, some of the recipients of our visits have asked the questions themselves about the benefits vs the costs.  And yes all of you are right, the most important part of a mission trip is the effect on those we go to serve, not the effect on us.  I thought that was part of what I was addressing.  Anyway, questions are good and new thoughts help us, and I was just throwing some out.  Now on to today's post...........

Investing in people......

Sometimes when I meet with people they apologize for taking my time.  I always tell them that meeting with people is the most important thing that I do.  Personal time, face to face is always a good thing.

And so I have a couple of questions for you.  First of all, do you need some personal face time with your pastor?  If so, send me an email and we can find a time to meet. 


My second question is, are you investing yourself in people?  Who are you mentoring?  Helping?  Caring for?  It really is the most important thing that any of us can do.


It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do we need time with our pastor, yes. However in a church so big, i'm guessing there are many like me, who know there are so many more who need your time more than me.