Sunday, April 7, 2013

faith


Faith

I was reading some G.K. Chesterton the other day, and I think that most of these ideas came from him......

Someone suggested that I write more about faith.  Issues of faith and the Christan faith.  Well, isn’t all of life about the faith?  Isn’t every moment of encounter, every moment of question, every moment of love about our faith? 

I would encourage the readers to cease from separating faith and life.  They are one in the same.  They are inseparable.  We are all living out our faith every day.  The larger question is, “what do we believe in.” And hence I have many questions and thoughts about God, life and love.  It appears to me that all of these thoughts are about life, so all of these thoughts are about faith.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this "Well, isn’t all of life about the faith? Isn’t every moment of encounter, every moment of question, every moment of love about our faith?" I have been thinking about change lately maybe not the actual change but the process. I question resistance to change because I believe we have to evolve, we have to change and allow others to change. However without faith it is a difficult process. Faith allows us to be open to whatever is next, it allows us to question everything, it always us to be truly honest with ourselves, faith allows us to change. Without faith I cannot move, I cannot question and I choose to ignore truth or lie to myself.