Wednesday, April 24, 2013

question

A few weeks ago I published something that included the line, "I am working very hard at being a good human being."  Some asked for me to elaborate on that statement.  Here we go.

I would probably point out that there are lots of humans who consider themselves a finished product.  I do not think of myself this way.  I think one of the best qualities that we offer one another is the awareness that we don't have it all figured out.  A number of people work for me and they all have the ability and permission to question me.  I am not always right.

Something else that I think we can do to work on being a good human being is to work on love.  To think on love, to practice love, to give love, every chance that we can.

Finally I would add that it is very easy in this life to simply react to what happens around you.  This can often lead to the worst of us coming out.  I think that being a good human includes working on responding instead of reacting, or acting instead of reacting.  To learn to take a step back when we don't like something, take a deep breath, count to ten, ask you who you are and who you want to be, say a prayer, get centered, then act.  Act out of the best of who you are.  When we do this, things usually go better.

That's all for today.  It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: