Monday, April 29, 2013

why I can't be at every event

Many programs will tell their leaders that in order for their program to succeed, they need the direct involvement of the senior pastor.  This can lead to many situations where good folks end up putting lots of pressure on Jeff to show up for their event.

There is too much going on at WCC for me to show up at everything.  If I tried, I would die.  It is also important that I have down time and quiet time and time with family and friends.  All of these things make for a balanced spiritual life.

Just for example, here is what I was supposed to do last evening. 
  • Keep score for the church softball team. 
  • Visit Disciple Bible Study
  • Camino closura
  • Choir concert
  • meet with a couple about their wedding.
Sometimes life is busy crazy.  I hope everyone understands.  It is hard to be 5 places at once.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were prone to betting, I would bet that everyone is more understanding of this dillemma, moreso than you. Jeff sets such a high bar for himself that it's often hard for him to meet his own expections.

You're doing great. Not to worry.

Unknown said...

We had you covered at Closura. No worries. :)