Saturday, April 27, 2013

sanctuary

One of the blessings of living close to the church is that we have the ability to stop by the sanctuary or chapel and pray.  You can find your way into the church most days from 6am -6pm and later in the evening if something is going on, which is almost every night.  Check the Southeast door or look for places that people seem to be coming and going.  Sunday afternoons can be tough and Saturdays are a touch and go, but for the most part, these rooms are pretty available for you to stop and pray.

Sometimes my prayers a simple chit chat.  Catching up with God.  Sometimes my prayers are sorrowful apologies for the ways that I have missed God's call.  Sometimes my heart is pouring out for another person.  Heart-wrenching, soulful crying out to God.

It is an odd feeling, walking into these rooms alone to pray.  It's like God is there, waiting.  I almost always feel that the room is full of His presence, and I walk into this holy, amazing moment.

It's your church.  If you need to pray, stop by on the way to or from work.  Stop by any time.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: