Thursday, April 25, 2013

keeping it to yourself

Sometimes I think it is best to keep your problems to yourself.  Sometimes I think that there is nothing to be gained from spilling your guts. How many times have I told someone my troubles and all it did was hurt them?

Yes there is much to be said for getting things off of your chest, and a friend to listen can be a real blessing, but sometimes the opposite is true.  Sometimes I think that we are better off just taking it in and keeping it there.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The real wisdom in your comments is the word "sometimes." The Bible says to bear one another's burdens, so having a "true" friend put an arm under your shoulder and help bear your hurting is a blessing to both you and your friend.

And there are situations where taking it inside feels very safe from additional hurt.

God bless you in the times you are deciding which road to take.