Sunday, April 14, 2013

the Good Samaritan


We have read the story of the Good Samaritan many times.  Today I invite you to read it again.
 
Jeff, today I saw something I never have seen before. I saw a homeless girl at McDonalds. Yes I know we see the homeless everyday. We always see people begging for money or looking for something. Generally I do not acknowledge them. But today I saw more than I ever care to see again. She was wearing a ragged pair of basketball shorts, tennis shoes that looked like they had come out of the trash, an old AC/DC concert tee shirt that was in just awful shape. She wasn't even wearing under garments. She had lost all of her teeth from who knows doing what, but she tried to have some sense of dignity. She tried to just blend in with the rest is society but yet she stood out. She sat outside doing the best she could to eat a hamburger and fries, you could tell she was going through some sort of withdrawals by her body action. But yet, my Lord and Savior moved me to do something. It was nothing that I would truly think of as anything other than a gesture. So I bought her a gift card so she could eat another day. But yet all I did was try to make life for somebody a little easier for a day. For whatever reason....it tore me up. Generally I have my emotions in check but yet I am having problems containing myself.

I Guess I could not stand by and do nothing.

 

This was sent to me by one of you.  I am glad that you folks cannot stand by and do nothing.  In the original story of the Good Samaritan, the religious folks pass by and do not help.  Thanks for being different.
 
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So touching, and gut wrenching. God bless you Good Samaritan, and God bless you homeless girl. God loves you and we will pray for you.