Friday, April 5, 2013

work


Brains and work

I learned a long time ago that I am average.  Average height, average weight, average IQ, average test scores.  But my Dad pounded something very important into me, the willingness and the ability to work.  Over the years I have learned that average people can do well by working hard, and very smart people will fail if they do not work.

So here come my kids.  Not exceptional test scores, but long on personality and drive.  Long on work ethic.  When we can teach someone to work, to get after it every day, we create people that change the world.

Never chastise yourself because you are average.  The world is full of very average, yet successful people who just learned to work hard.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: