Tuesday, September 17, 2013

close the mouth

I took three years of French in Jr. High and High School.  My teacher was Mrs. Rosenberg.  One of the things that she made sure that I learned was "ferme la bouche" = close the mouth.  Ha ha.  Does that make you laugh?  A teacher wanted me to close my mouth!

Now let's think about that.  Is there ever a reason for us to close our mouths?  Is it possible that James was right when he said that we should learn to "tame the tongue?" 

Imagine a day where I say nothing, except the minimum.  Imagine a day where you say nothing, except the minimum.  Where we just love people, and stop trying to fix things.  Just go with the flow.  Talk if you need to, but don't try to fix people.  I like it.

Imagine a day when I am only trying to love people, care for people, hug people, smile at people and I am not trying to fix everything...... :-)

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: