Thursday, September 26, 2013

music party

I have a friend named John and he has a great idea.  He tells me that he has hosted parties that center around music.  He moved to Dallas before I was invited to one of these parties, but I love the idea.

You invite 5 of your friends over.  Each one brings 5 of their favorite songs on a CD, or a jump drive or you can bring 45's if you want to.  Ha ha.

Everyone finds a chair and one at a time, your friends play their five favorite songs.  Imagine that, great music, some of which you know and some of it you might not.  Add some shrimp and cheese and it is going to be good.

What would be your five favorites?  What five songs would you take to the first session?

Here are mine:

1.  Van Morrison- Into the Mystic
2.  Leah Kunkle- I've just got to get a message to you
   [Leah is Moma Cass's sister]
3.  Barry McGuire- Eve of Destruction
4.  anything Moody Blues
5.  anything CCR

What would your five favorite songs of all time be?
I am thinking maybe I should work on a top 100 of my favorites.
I would love to hear from you about your five favorites.

Music is a wonderful gift from God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I am happy for you, in that your posts the past two days showed that there was music going on in your head.

When I hear friends talk about music they enjoy/are thinking about, I know their thoughts are happy ones. Vitamin "M" is good for the mind, soul, spirit. God gave us music, as you have alluded ro. Many Bible reference point us to God's gift of singing, dancing, and making melodies in our heart. It does not have to be a church song, to be a gift to your heart, from God.

Sing, hum, and play away and may God give you peace and joy, from the pressures of life, when He gives you these songs in your heart.