Sunday, September 8, 2013

serve

What a delightful day I had yesterday visiting some of the sights where our members were in mission for SERVE day 2013.  In Raytown, I helped on a habitat home.  The homeowner was there and she was so grateful for everyone's help.  Later I was at James Walker Elementary and caught the tail end of some work on the rock garden.  My final stop was the Hillcrest Store where many of our members were helping sort items.

It is always so exciting to see others from church giving their time to help people.  It also feels good to do it yourself.  It made me happy to put on the tool belt.  It made me really happy to know that I had spent part of the day helping others.

If you're down and you don't know what to do, find someone to help.  It will lift you up.  Thanks to all of you for being the kind of people that you are and living the missional life of Christ.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: