Friday, November 28, 2014

annoying

Yes that person is annoying.  Yes they hurt you.  Sometimes we just have to grin and bear it.  Sometimes we have to just laugh about the little zingers that come our way.

Here is an old story:  Once upon a time a beggar came to the tent of Father Abraham asking for food.  Being a godly man, Abraham asked him into his tent for dinner.  Well, as soon as he was inside the tent, the beggar asked for more.  Grapes!  Meat!  Wine!  The beggar wanted it all.  And did I mention that smell?  Abraham is getting so annoyed that he can’t stand it.  So he prays to God:  “Dear Father, save me from this beggar!  He is annoying and smelly, he won’t stop talking and he won’t leave.”  God replied to Abraham’s prayer and said, “Abraham, what is it with you?  I have had to put up with his annoyingness his entire life, and you can't put up with him for one single night.”

Yes friends, there are annoying people in this life.  They talk too much, they are unkind, they send too many emails, they are opinionated, and on and on.  You don’t have to invite them to stay the night, but I think we can show them a little more grace.  I think that is what Jesus would do.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Paul S said...

I'm grateful that over the years I've learned to value kindness and grace. Being kind to others or others being kind to me; is important. Kindness matters. It doesn't have to be a big grand gesture, it can be the simplest, smallest, thoughtful act.