Tuesday, November 25, 2014

worried

I have a friend that is worried about me.  She thinks that there is something wrong.  Well, maybe she is right.  Isn’t there always something to be disturbed about?  The trick is to not let a thing bring you down.

So, yes, sometimes we carry burdens and worry.  And sometimes it is difficult to just drop them and let them roll to the altar.  Sometimes we hurt. 

Welcome to the human race.

I don’t know that she should be worried about me.  I think I am fine.  Some years ago, a book was written by Gail Sheehy called Passages.  It was about the passages of life and how to face them and understand them.

I believe that there are passages of life.  When you turn 16, when you turn 21, when you get married, when you have kids, when you realize that you are not a spring chicken anymore, when you retire.  When you lose a friend, when your marriage dissolves, when you have a major surgery, when the economy is bad.  Passages.  We all must face them.
But there is nothing to worry about.  All is well.  If you are facing a difficult time, find a friend and hang on.  This too shall pass.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: