Saturday, November 22, 2014

gratitude recognizes something


 Of course we are all thinking about gratefulness these days.  Something that I think is true is that in order to be grateful for a particular thing, we must recognize that we are not deserving of it.  We are not entitled to a given thing.

If I think I deserve a big house, I will never be thankful for it.  If I think I deserve health insurance, I will never be thankful for it.  If I think I deserve a friend, I will never be thankful for them.  When we think we deserve things, we take them for granted.  This is the polar opposite of gratitude.

The truth is, I don’t deserve a wife that loves me.  I don’t deserve the home, the car, the children, the health, the friends, or anything that I “have”.  All of these things are gifts – amazing gifts from our Father.

And so, I am filled with gratitude for his bounteous blessings.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world be sure to see the good.

No comments: