Sunday, November 30, 2014

wedding

Last night I was at a wedding reception.  I usually don't attend the rehearsal dinners or receptions.  The reason for this is that when you do 30 weddings a year, that is a bunch of Friday and Saturday nights that disappear.  Also, when people look and see that the preacher is here, it can kind of put a damper on the party.

Well, last night we married an old family friend.  She used to live with us, so after the wedding, I went to the reception.  What fun!  Singing, dancing, food and friends. 

All three of my kids were there and they were delightful.  They were so kind to me.  I am so blessed!  Today I give thanks for father-daughter dances and kids that have grown up to love their dad.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: