Thursday, November 20, 2014

living with pain

As I grow older, I am learning to live with pain.

I have a knee that hurts every day.  Sometimes it wakes me up in the night.  I have sore muscles and all sorts of various aches and pains from time to time.

I also have some heart pain.  A relative that I am on the outs with.  A friend that has pulled away.  An upset parishioner.

It is all so unfortunate.

I think we should work very hard to reconcile every relationship that we can.  Work on it and keep working on it.  But after that, we need to live our lives.  You can't make everyone happy, neither can I.

Get up every morning and do your best.  Give it your best.  Live life with joy.  Keep trying to fix it, but don't worry about it so much that you forget who you are.

Live, love, work, try to fix it, live, love work, live love.  Life is too short for worries.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: