Friday, November 14, 2014

children

I have a confession to make.  When I was young, I did not like children.  They cried and pouted.  They ruined romantic nights at restaurants.  They were a disaster on airplanes.

Then I had my own children- and I was introduced to the amazing miracle of a child. 

Today I will tell you that there is no better gift than to invest your time and love into a child.  They are the future of the world.  They are tomorrow's gift.  If you can give a child a better upbringing than you had, you have improved the world.  If you can teach a child to love and live outside of themselves, you have given the world a gift.

Jesus said, whoever gives a cup of cold water to one of these little ones, will certainly not lose his reward.

If your children or grandchildren or someone else's children are annoying you, remember, they are the gift of tomorrow.  Some adult somewhere invested in you.  Return the favor with gusto.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And, in perspective, adults probably annoy kids sometimes (smile.)

You've done a great job letting your kids know they are your greatest treasure. Kudos for all the love and labor.