Monday, November 10, 2014

sick

Well it finally happened.  I missed a Sunday due to illness.  I have been assigned as a pastor in the United Methodist Church for 27 years, 20 of them here at Woods Chapel.  I have never, ever missed a Sunday due to illness, until yesterday.

When I went to bed Friday night, I knew I was in trouble.  You could feel it coming on.  I did get a flu shot on Thursday, but I don't know if that is to blame.  Sore throat, sore sinuses, lungs full, body aches and pains.  My arms feel like they weigh 100 lbs each.  Saturday morning, I knew I had to call it.  There was no way that I was going to be there.  I sat in the recliner for 36 hours.  I don't remember when the last time was that I felt like this.

I feel so bad for not being there.  I feel so bad for asking Karen to preach for me with zero notice.  I feel bad for feeling bad.  I am sorry to let everyone or anyone down.

I know that people get sick, I just don't want to be that guy.  Thanks for putting up with me being sick.  I look forward to being with you this coming Sunday.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We missed you, of course, but do not feel bad. This gave me my first opportunity to hear Karen and I thought she did a great job. Feel better soon!