Saturday, November 29, 2014

the power of thank you

Thank you

The power of saying thank you cannot be underestimated.  Imagine that a friend moved or quit or died and you did not get to say “thanks” in time.  So here goes for me –

Thanks for being my friend.  Thanks for looking me in the eye.  Thanks for being honest with me.  Thanks for telling me your stories.  Thanks for hugging me.  Thanks for sitting with me.  Thanks for the blue salvia.  Thanks for the coffee cake.  Thanks for the chicken soup.  Thanks for the kind notes.  Thanks for the BBQ.  Thank you for tickets to the Royals game.  Thank you for being my neighbor.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for forgiving me.  Thanks for going on mission trips with me.  Thanks for reading books with me.  Thank you for looking past my faults.  Thank you for helping at church.  Thank you for believing in me.  Thanks for working with me.  Thanks for going to lunch with me.  Thanks for letting me joke with you.  Thanks for dreaming with me.  Thanks for being kind.  Thanks for volunteering.  Thanks for letting me sit on your deck.  Thanks for being a low-maintenance friend.  Thanks for listening to my sermons.  Thanks for allowing me time off.  Thanks for advice on our home.  Thanks for letting me look at and listen to your car’s motor.  Thanks for letting me stay in your vacation place.  Thanks for helping my kids.  Thanks for being regular and dependable.  Thanks for the joy I feel when I see you.  Thanks for understanding me.   Thanks.  Just Thanks.  Thank you!  Bless you!  Thank you!  You are amazing.

I don’t plan on going anywhere, but I just wanted to say thanks.  You are the best.  Pass on a thank you.  You will be glad that you did.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: