Tuesday, November 11, 2014

things to learn

I have ideas in my head about the Holy Land, but when I go to see the Holy Land, my perceptions are clarified.  I have ideas about marriage, but when I get married, my ideas are clarified.  I have ideas about owning a dog, but until I actually own one, my perceptions are not based in reality.

There are some things that are learned by doing, and by doing only.  And so let's talk about the valleys of life.   We hate them.  They are not nearly as fun as going to the Holy Land, being in a relationship or owning a dog.  But, the valleys are real and they come to us all.

There are some lessons of life that are only learned in the valley.  We learn them there or we learn them not.  In the valley our motto should be, "fight less, and learn more."  Don't waste the time in the valley by hating every minute of it, for in the valley we are not alone.  Our Shepherd is with us and the valleys too are a part of his world.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: