Wednesday, August 19, 2015

50

Something happened to me when I turned 50. [8 years ago]  I began to worry less and I began to find more joy in life.  I began a journey of deciding to be content instead of being upset by so many things.  Now I still have a long way to go, but I am on a different journey than I was before.
 
Today I am aware that most of my life is behind me.  What ever time I have left, I want to spend it being positive, not negative.  I want to engage my energy in what I am for, not what I am against.  Life is much too short to waste any time focusing on what I am unhappy about.  So much of it is beyond my control anyway.

I want to grow in my ability to accept and welcome pain instead of fighting it.  I want to learn to make friends with things that make me uncomfortable.  Think of how many things we used to be so upset by, but now we are ok with them.  Maybe the things that I want to be unhappy about today can become my friend as well.

On my death bed I want to look into the eyes of my children and tell them that they are good and that life is a treat.  Why did it take me so long to start thinking like this?  I don’t know, but I do know that the last eight years have been so much more delightful.


It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to focus on the good.

No comments: