Thursday, August 20, 2015

Raytown and Blue Springs

A member asked me why in the world we would take on other campus churches in Raytown and Blue Springs.  Didn't we already have enough to do?  Isn't it just more work for everyone?

The answer to those questions is yes.... we do have plenty to do, and yes it is more work.  Then why do it?

The answer is bigger than "the conference asked us to help."  The real answer lies in potential.  Not how much are we doing for Jesus Christ, but how much can we do for him?

I was never a very good softball player, but I loved to play and I played hard.  I left all of my ability on the field.  I never held anything back.  I ran as hard as I could and I did my very best.   We should approach our spiritual life in the same way.  When we die I don't want to say to the Lord, "here is the one talent back that you gave us."  I want to do everything that I can, I want us to do everything that we can to multiply the kingdom, to fulfill our potential, and to use our God given abilities for God's purpose.

The moment that we shrink back from God's work, we have made life about us.  Yes it is crazy busy, yes it is a lot.  Yes it is more.  But as long as we have breath and strength, let us use it for God's work.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: