Thursday, August 13, 2015

I don't believe

Some people tell me that they don't believe in God or Jesus or both.  I think that often, what they really mean is this - they don't believe in the God or Jesus that many Christians portray.  Many Christians hold out a God and a Jesus that is angry, judgmental, wears a suit and tie, and is a bit uppity.

I don't believe in that  God or Jesus either.

When Christians begin to hold out the God and Jesus that are loving, gracious, and welcoming, I think there will be more believers in this world.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder where God stands on this. We are told the Holy Spirit is the one the "does the work" and then there is free will, and we are the hands and feet of God.....

If people have an opinion they have at least considered God and the door should be opened.......Why wouldn't their experience with a powerful, loving God be as convincing to them as my experience has been.

I couldn't live without my (I would think he would be the same for everyone) God. Life would be miserable and worthless. He gives me hope, vision, a future. That is what it is all about at the core for me, understanding how peoples core experience is different doesn't register with me.