Saturday, August 8, 2015

From my friend Joy

I really dislike the "picking & choosing" approach to Christianity - and, at the same time-I'm dreadfully guilty of it.

I "p&c" which Bible verses I believe the most; I "p&c" which stories/laws/Biblical characters/teachings in Scripture I relate to the most; I "p&c" which sin is the worst ( & it's always the sin of which I will never be guilty); I "p&c" the preacher/church/choir director/teachers/folks that are welcome/the place I always sit in church, the acceptable music, etc.  and if my "p&c" doesn't  pan out, I just "gospel shuffle" on out to "p&c" another preacher/church/choir,etc.

Actually, I am working on that  "picking & choosing"  thingy-but it's really hard.
It seems to be almost innate and extremely contagious.
Jesus called it "Judge not, lest you be judged" or "Do not judge lest you be judged yourselves".  Luke 7:1 It seems really important to me to squelch this attitude,  but it ain't easy!

Choose to have a happy day!

Joy

No comments: