Wednesday, August 12, 2015

a note from a dear friend

In the book the Shack, God kept saying how fond he was of everyone.  I am fond of so many people.  This is from a dear friend that I am very fond of.

Jeff, I watched a pair of cardinals build a nest in a hydrangea tree outside my laundry room window.   They fussed at me when I checked on them.   I saw them feed their scrawny offspring until one morning last week  I saw the baby atop the tree with the parents loudly  coaxing it on to a new life.  When I checked the empty nest I found one egg still there, sadly not hatching. I know I will enjoy their red coats at my feeder when it's snowing.

I hope you get my message or metaphor of life.  Some days are more difficult than others, but I always hear the birds singing when I first wake up.  
Let's keep hearing the birds sing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: